Round River Research Corp. dba SOLTEC HEALTH, its affiliates and subsidiaries (“SOLTEC” “we” “us” or “our”), is committed to keeping our users (“you” or “yours”) data safe. We believe in your right to privacy and safeguard the information you share with us using some of the industry’s best practices.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Information
Types of Data Collected
Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
First name and last name
Address, City, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code
We collect Personal Information from you in a variety of ways, including but not limited to in connection with your purchases, requests for services, the creation of a personal user account, any material you may post to our Websites or social media pages, or your participation in surveys on any of our Websites. From time to time, we may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or other voluntary activities through the Websites. We may request Personal Information from you, along with other information, in order for you to participate in these and related activities. Participation in these activities is completely voluntary; you may elect not to disclose your Personal Information by not participating in the activity. Personal Information collected by us may include your name, e-mail address, general usage metrics of the Services, your financial payment information, your profile, email communication history with SOLTEC, anything you may post on the Websites and other information associated with you or your organization, as well as other information that may or may not specifically identify you. The information collected through the Services may be stored at servers, computers, or other media located in the United States.
We may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as Google, Apple or your employer or insurance provider, when applicable. This information may be utilized, analyzed, and/or compared with information that SOLTEC has collected from you or that you have submitted to the Services. If SOLTEC obtains information from third-party sources, you agree that your sole legal remedy for any harm associated with that information is against the third-party that provided the information to us, and that you will not assert any cause of action, claim or demand against us other than requesting we delete any erroneous information.
For the avoidance of doubt, SOLTEC shall be entitled to collect anonymous and/or aggregated data across its various products and services provided that no individual natural person can be identified from such data (“Aggregate Data”). The Aggregate Data will be used to analyse behaviour, trends and needs and to improve, and enhance our services and for other development, creation of new features, marketing, advertising, garnering publicity, educational, diagnostic and corrective purposes in connection with our Services. SOLTEC shall own all right, title and interest in and to the Aggregate Data and this is not considered Personal Information.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Services.
Usage Data may include information such as your device’s (“Device”) Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Services that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Services by or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Services or when you access the Services by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Services and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Use of Your Personal Information
We may use and share your information for any legally permissible purpose. We may match, use, and share any of the information we collect from you to any personally identifiable information we obtain through third-parties. The ways we may use or share information that we collect about you include:
- providing you with use of the Websites and Services;
- providing you with products or services, whether from SOLTEC, or any affiliates or sponsors;
- providing you with customized content and services;
- providing technical or customer support;
- performing research and analysis to gauge the use of the Websites and Services;
- communicating with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone, text message, and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you from SOLTEC, any affiliates, sponsors or other third-parties;
- to administer the working relationship with you/your employer;
- where we have another legitimate interest in doing so;
- in connection with any possible sale, merger, or restructuring of all or any part of our business or assets; and
- performing functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
In order to perform certain services on your behalf, we may publish certain information that you provide. You agree that any testimonial feedback, stories, posts, interactions or other comments provided by you to SOLTEC through any form of communication including but not limited to through the Websites, becomes the sole and exclusive property of SOLTEC and that such information may be used for any legally permissible purpose, including, but not limited to marketing and advertising our Services.
- To third parties who provide information technology services such as website hosting, computer systems maintenance, or data security and privacy services;
- With affiliates to the extent permitted by law;
- With our business partners, vendors or others who help us operate the Services or assess your interest or satisfaction with the Services, our organization, or our products and to offer you certain products, services or promotions;
- With your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us as provided below. At places on our website where you give us your personal information, you may opt out of receiving those communications.
We may need to verify your identity before providing you with Personal Information or updating it in our system.
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Services. We store or collect your payment card details. We adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council.
In certain instances, we may use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
California Privacy Rights
We will not share any personal information about you with other companies if prohibited by applicable California law or to the extent your prior consent to share is required by applicable California law.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information including the following rights:
- the right to “opt-out” of SOLTEC’s sale of your personal information to any third parties;
- the right, with some exceptions, to have your personal information deleted from SOLTEC’s possession or control; and
- the right to receive equal service and pricing from SOLTEC even if you exercise any of your privacy rights.
Your Rights under the GDPR
These disclosures apply only to our processing of Personal Information within the scope of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) from one or more of the European Union Member States plus Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway (together known as the “European Economic Area” or “EEA”).
The GDPR went into effect on May 25, 2018. As a resident of the EU or EEA, you have certain rights with respect to the processing of your Personal Information, including:
- Request access to your Personal Information. The right to access, update, delete or request a copy of the Personal Information we have on you.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. You have the right to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Restriction of processing of your Personal Information. You also have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Information under certain circumstances.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information in certain circumstances.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organization, or to you, in certain circumstances.
Our Services do not address anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Links to Other Websites
On any email you send, please include “Privacy” in the subject line.
Last updated: August 1, 2022